Saturday, September 20, 2008

Gone Fishin!



William and Marshall got up this morning and decided they wanted to go fishing. Now, they have gone fishing a couple of times but have never actually brought anything home, so you can imagine my surprise when they came home pulling a bucket-full of fish behind them! Apparently the key to it all was simply to keep Meg (our dog) away from the shore long enough for the fish to bite. :)



William got out his fillet knife and went to work (I'll bet Nana and Pap-paw never imagined the cute little bistro set they got us for Christmas would be used quite in this way...and I must admit, I never imagined it either! :) and the result was some yummy grilled bass and brim for lunch.



I did try to get a picture of Marshall holding up the big bass but he got poked and dropped it back down in the bucket before I could snap the picture. After that, I couldn't convince him it was worth the risk to try it again just so mom could get a picture....


Boy, I cannot think of a better way to spend a beautiful fall day!



No comments: